Why trust us?
As the leader in loss & assistance and identity theft protection services in Australia and New Zealand, Secure Sentinel takes security and risk management very seriously.
Secure Sentinel has been in operation since 1983. As part of the Veda Group, we embrace a robust risk management and compliance program, often exceeding the strict legal requirements of our business. Our operational security is assured by:
- Comprehensive disaster recovery, risk management, privacy and compliance measures
- Annual staff risk management and compliance training
- Continuous risk control analysis including regular monitoring, testing and refinement of key controls to ensure continued effectiveness
Member information is kept within a restricted access facility in our secure Australia-based location. We hold backups of all data in an additional and separate Australian facility with identical security measures.
Our information systems are developed and supported by the Veda Group, whose Data Security Policy ensures the security of its systems and associated data.
We protect your personal information by:
- Limiting physical access to our premises to authorised people.
- Restricting access to personal information.
- Having stand-by systems and information backups in place to deal with major business interruptions
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Regularly reviewing and testing our technology in order to improve the level of security
- Destroying or de-identifying your personal information when it is no longer required by law or our record retention policies.
Secure Sentinel maintains industry standard technology and procedures in respect to its information management and provision of online services. Secure Sentinel has an ongoing program of review and enhancement of its security measures. The reviews and updates address such matters as policies, processes and procedures, and technology reviews such as software, virus protection and firewall settings.
Our websites are protected using industry standard 128-bit encryption using SSL (secure sockets layer). Our websites have been accredited by Entrust.